Our BRCGS food safety certified packhouse is in Sadat city’s industrial zone, just off the Cairo-Alexandria desert road. This is a strategic location near major ports in Alexandria, and manpower and farm in and the Elnobaria city in Behira on the Nile Delta. The facilities were recently built ca. five years ago. They are quality facilities built to international standards expected by importers, wholesalers, and retailers in Europe and worldwide. The packhouse is proud to be awarded the BRC certification.
The packhouse plot is on 6,900 square meter features the following:
- MAF RODA Electronic sizer line for Citrus with 25 tonne/hour production capacity.
- Citrus, grapes, pomegranate, and other fruits
- Two precooling stores
- Two cold stores
- Air Conditioned packing zone
- 120 tonne weighting scale
- Office Building
- Dry stores
- Staff changing rooms and restaurant
The packhouse food management system is grounded in BRCGS-based requirements consisting of the following components:
- Senior management commitment and continual improvement
- The food safety plan – HACCP
- Internal audits
- Management of suppliers of raw materials and packaging
- Corrective and preventive actions
- Layout, product flow and segregation
- Housekeeping and hygiene
- Management of allergens
- Control of operations
- Labelling and pack control
- Training: raw material handling, preparation, processing, packing and storage areas
- High-risk, high-care and ambient high-care production risk zones where processing and storage zones requiring corresponding levels of hygiene are identified and segregated and where required restricted to movement of personnel and materials to reduce the potential for product contamination with pathogenic microorganisms.
- A documented supplier approval procedure which identifies the process for initial and ongoing approval of suppliers and the manufacturer/processor of each product traded. The requirements are based on the results of a risk assessment.