We are proud to have been awarded GRASP which stands for GLOBALG.A.P. Risk Assessment on Social Practice. It is a voluntary, ready-to-use module developed to assess social practices on the farm, such as specific aspects of workers’ health, safety, and welfare. After all good agricultural practices aren’t just about products, they are also about people.
Our SMETA audit includes labour standards, health & safety, environment and business ethics. The SMETA Best Practice Version 6.1 was applied. The scope of workers included all types at the site e.g. direct employees, agency workers, workers employed by service providers and workers provided by other contractors.
The audit scope was against the following reference documents:
- Ethical trading base code
- Universal rights covering United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGP)
- Management systems and code implementation
- Responsible recruitment
- Entitlement to work & immigration
- Sub-contracting and home working
- Environmental assessment
- Business ethics assessment
- The customer’s supplier code